Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] NBA - Mavs looking to get a center

In a message dated 8/2/03 5:16:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Celtic4Hire
writes:

> Steve,
> How would you do it? I don't think Danny wants to part with EWill's expiring
> contract....
>
> DJessen33

Parting with EWill's expiring contract would be an absolute necessity if the
C's wanted to be a serious suitor for ED.  IMO, at some point, Ainge is going
to have to part with it anyway. It's an asset that HAS to be utilized for more
than simply lessening the total salary commitment NEXT season.

I think the bigger obstacle in any theoretical trade talk is that GS wants to
unload Fortson and his bloated contract and thus they'd insist that if
another team wants Damp they also have to take Fortson.

CeltsSteve