Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] NBA - Mavs looking to get a center

Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> The two deals that have been rumored the last couple of days has been
> LaFrentz/AJohnson for BGrant and LaFrentz/AJohnson for Dampier/Fortson. There also
> has been some stuff about Ratliff but who knows what the Hawks are doing
> right now.
>
> Both deals would definitely help the Mavs. From the Heat standpoint, they
> would cut another 5 million off the books for a free agent next year to combine
> with the 12 million or so they have this year. Also, LaFrentz would likely
> fare better in the weaker center Eastern Conference. The Warriors already have
> Foyle at center and that would allow LaFrentz to play at power forward, is
> more natural position. They would like to get rid of Fortson and his constant
> whining for time anyways.
>
> Grant instantly adds a legitimate rebounder and decent defender at center,
> although he isn't a true center by any stretch of the imagination. However, he
> would add so much more toughness that Bradley or LaFrentz. Dampier is a true
> center but plays so. He could lean on Shaq for a while and then bring in
> Fortson who will knock some heads. He could be the Maliq Rose playing center for
> the Mavs.
>
> Interesting stuff. What do you guys think?

DJ,

I think you'd be attending the parade in Big D if they made that trade with
the Warriors. A Dampier/Fortson deal would make the Mavs a serious title
contender; deeper than both the Lakers and Spurs. Brian Grant would not get them
over the hump but Dampier and Fortson would.

Instead of Dampier to Dallas; I'd rather see him in Boston.

CeltsSteve