Drafting

> Sure, the players would have a better idea what the potential draft picks
> can do than Wallace, can't hurt to consult them. It also wouldn't hurt to
> compile a psychological profile on potential draftees so that we don't pick
>
> someone as timid as Kedrick and JJ, or a pain in the ass troublemaker like
> Forte. At least talk to them at length, get to know them beyond their
> vertical and wingspan numbers.

Gee..you believe everything you read..dont ya.
Neither Kedrick or JJ are "timid", IMHO. You should try watching some Suns
games.
J.J. is a perfectly normal player. He is perfectly willing to hoist up shots.
This 'timid" stuff is a bit of poetic license on the part of the local media.

Also who is to say that Wallace didn't get the coaches or players input
before these choices? I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at his ACT
scores or talked with his teachers or something like that as far as
understanding his "psyche" too.

That being said since the GM has endless time to seek out talent he is going
to do a better job then players and coaches who are involved with winning
games. Thats why they don't often have coach/GM in basketball. It's too much
work to find talents and coach your team.

Besides since both Walker and Pierce have publically plugged to for Kedrick
to get more time. So it seems that he does okay with them..<g> It's OB who
doesn't want to play the guy...

Wallace has proven to be a horrible GM because of his Baker trade...but as
far as picking players and signing free agents he has done alright. Strick
can play..and he signed him last year. J.R. Bremer is pretty damn good for an
undrafted guy. And Brown and JJ will be ten year NBA players if not for the
Celtics.

I wouldn't be the least bit surpised if Wallace got work with another team
after the Celtics. Like I said before drafting is a gamble..sure Jerry West
picked Kobe Bryant but he has screwed up alot as well. Red picked Forte. Its
not senility...it was just a bad bet.

If your not drafting in the top three you might get someone good like Pierce
or Walker..but more often then not you will just get a serviceable NBA
player. If you really screw up you might get a true bust like the O'Bannons.

Pete