Re: Indescribable

If I'm coaching the Pacers, Strickland, Artest, Harrington, Foster and
O'Neal play the bulk of the minutes, with Hardaway, Mercer and Miller
getting the backup minutes. That first lineup gives them their toughest,
best rebounding, best defending team, and, if they're not going to take
advantage of Miller's shooting by using him on pick-and-pops (he has killed
the Celts with this in the past), it's probably the best offensive team,
too. Strickland could guard Delk, Artest could guard Pierce, Harrington
could guard Antoine and Foster and O'Neal could handle EWill/McCarty and
Battie. Where's the good matchup for the Celts? Plus, Foster is one of the
best offensive rebounders in the game. Off the bench, you get leadership and
clutch shooting from Hardaway, offense from Mercer and Miller.

But, of course, Isiah will screw it up. He has Strickland chained to the
bench and he'll probably do the same to Harrington and Mercer next game. I
really have never seen a worse coaching job than the one Isiah is doing in
this series. In the NBA, most of these coaches can at least recognize
matchups. Not Isiah. Apparently he likes seeing Ron Mercer and Reggie Miller
guard Antoine. Incredible.

Anyway, if any other coach was on the opposing bench, the Celts would be
under a lot of pressure tomorrow. But I just can't see Isiah getting out of
his own way long enough to give the Pacers a chance in Boston. I can't see
it.

Mark

--- --- ---

Kestas wrote:

No big tragedy. Pierce had an unusually crappy game and no one else, with
the
exception of Antoine, could step up late (and even he missed the crucial
'throws). Waltuh, Delk, Williams - all cold late in the game. Neither giving
the ball to Pierce and letting him do his thing, nor swinging the ball
around
for open threes worked late last night. Meanwhile, Hardaway had a flashback
game and Artest was simply outstanding. Such a swoon, coupled with
Hardaway's
making every big shot, is unlikely to happen again. As long as Isiah doesn't
figure out that he needs to play Foster, Strickland and Hardaway more, we'll
be
fine.