RE: All You O'Brien Groupies Can Rejoice

Another minor point about the refs while we are on the subject. Not that I expected them to call it, but it was frustrating that the refs did not call a 10 second violation once on Jermaine O'Neal while he was at the foul line. A rule is a rule, right? The crowd was very loud in their counting so the refs must have heard them routinely getting up to 12 or 13 on almost every free throw. I was begging for it to be called just once so that i could see the look on Jermaines face.

(Although I guess if they called that, they'd have to disqualify every one of Shaq's free throws too since he steps across the line every time. And you know they'll never do that.)

From: "Wright, Cecil" <Cecil.Wright@JUSTICE.GC.CA>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Subject: RE: All You O'Brien Groupies Can Rejoice
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:36:23 -0300

But we are Celtic fans....at least most of us are, Kestas. There are some folks on this list who I do not think are truly Celtic fans because they take such great delight in our losses and poor play. When we win, they are silent about it.

If the bottom line is business, than the Celtics are succeeding. They have emerged from the land of the lotto, to make the playoffs in two consecutive seasons. As a business person, one would want the additional revenue. As a fan, one would want their team to go as deep as possible into the playoffs to improve the self esteem of your players. These guys have played ball their entire lives, but none of them, prior to last year, had ever experienced the intensity of the ECF. That builds character and hopefully will make them work harder to address their weaknesses.

As far as Tommy is concerned, though you do not agree, he has a point about the refs on many occasions. But I find it odd that he is the guy who wants them to do what will appeal to you the most, run, run, run, rebound, look up the floor, pass the ball to the open man, and you can't stand him.

Cecil