Re: Terrific Balanced Scoring

In a message dated 4/22/03 6:13:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Eggcentric@AOL.com writes:

> But since you persist in comparing Pierce with Walker, let us not overlook
> that after two games, despite Pierce's poor shooting, he is outdoing
> Toine10 RPG to 7, 6 APG to 4, 27 PPG to 20.5, and .923 FT% to Toine's .500
> FT%
.

I didn't compare Pierce with Walker at all, I simply made the comment that
he's shooting 31% from the field. I also said Walker has stepped up despite
going against an All-Star that is three inches taller and has terrific
vertical lift. I also said Walter has stepped up.

Why did I know that you would quickly come to St. Paul's defense and offer
some type of explanation for his poor shooting percentage? Could it be you're
probably the second softest Paul critic on this list? If the shooting
percentages were reversed with Antoine shooting 31% and Pablo shooting 50%
the catcalls and howls would be plentiful and unmerciful. And you know this
because you'd be leading the charge.

And if Paul was actually making some shots then Antoine's assist totals would
be higher. With Antoine and Walter making shots, Pierce's assist totals look
much more impressive. Don't confuse a willingness to pass with actual passing
ability. There's no comparison between the two players in that regard.

Paul played an epic 4th quarter in Game 1 and as I said, one for the ages.
That doesn't entitle him to a "free pass" for the remainder of the series. If
you're going to be objective with your criticism when it's merited, it cuts
both ways.

CeltsSteve