Re: ryan on ownership

Thomas Murphy wrote:

Does anyone on the list have any insight into why Ryan is so down on the new
owners? And please do not simply chalk it up to "they're simply too
enthusiastic." I would imagine Ryan would love an enthusiastic group of
owners particularly after Gaston.

Does Ryan know that we don't? Even if you consider Ryan an old crank this
aggressive baiting of the owners appears quite out of the ordinary...

--- --- ---

I wondered the same thing. Have we missed something somewhere along the
line? Is Ryan hearing rumblings about Wallace/Obie being in trouble with the
owners and putting his two cents worth in on the BDT's behalf? I can't
believe that's the case. Ryan is smarter than that. Very odd.

Mark

P.S. Like Dan said, the Pacers can be had. Isiah is clueless and they have
no idea where to go in the fourth quarter. Their plan seems to be "dump it
into O'Neal" but he's hardly automatic. Where are Mercer and Strickland?
There are long stretches when it seems the Pacers can't buy a shot, and
those guys remain planted on the bench. 13 minutes between them? And only 8
for Harrington? Harrington has given Antoine fits in the past. Isiah is
throwing away his team's biggest advantage-its depth. He really is terrible.
But, if Isiah is going to hand the series to the Celts, they have to be
willing to accept it. They didn't play well last night, but still had a
great chance to win the game in the end. It's going to be tougher at home.
As Chuck Daly says, winning at home sometimes is tougher than winning on the
road in the playoffs. The travel advantage is negated by the time off, and
the visiting team generally comes in with a sense of urgency and
desperation, whereas the home team tends to relax in its comfort zone. The
Celts aren't a good home team anyway, so they have to be ready. I still say
they'd be better off losing this series, but Isiah may not let that happen.