Re: Terrific Balanced Scoring

in all fairness, Paul has had a horrible case of the flu for about a week now. He has no strength, which is why you see him front rimming everything. Hopefully these 2 days off gets him healthy again.

From: CeltsSteve@AOL.com
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Terrific Balanced Scoring
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:05:34 EDT

In a message dated 4/21/03 8:19:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

> Terrific balanced scoring but 36% won't cut it. The boys did get their
> exercise though, hoisting 26 3's and 26% accuracy. Indy knows the secret
> now, keep Pierce from scoring 40. They didn't think of it the first game,
> but then again it's Indiana.

This was a very winnable game. All it would have taken would have been Pierce
to get his average, not 40 as you suggest. Chipping paint off the rims at a
31% clip over the first two games from the team's best scorer won't cut it,
though.

Toine has stepped up and is shooting close to 50% from the field despite
going primarily against O'Neil who is three inches taller and can elevate.
Walter has stepped up. It's time for Pierce to do likewise. He better improve
his shot selection pronto. Game 1 was a performance for the ages but that's
old news now.

As Janet Jackson would say "What have you done for me lately?"

CeltsSteve