translating "Grouspeak"

I transcribed his comments in an earlier post, but I'm not sure what's to
be gained from trying to analyze what might--or might not--be between the
lines.  It's a little like looking at an orange and trying to predict what
the orange crop will do next year.

Having said that, I'll give it a shot.

I think Chris Wallace is being given "busy work", checking out the draft
prospects at this time of year.  Most of the major info on potential draft
picks has been gotten already.  I suspect he's just there to catch any
last-minute changes, like the kid who got hit in the gym.  But he's been
moved away from the home office while the decision-making process is
sorting out.

Grousbeck was the first owner to my knowledge since Walter Brown to
publicly admit he wasn't the one to judge basketball talent for the team's
needs.  I think they're trying to figure out who knows best what they're
doing, and will put that person in charge.

I like the idea of packaging the picks and trying to move up.  We don't
need several players, we need one or two quality players at specific
positions.  Unlike many other people, I personally think we need a Center
more than a Point Guard.  But the idea is sound in either instance.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle