NBA Draft Rumors

NBA Draft rumors gathered from various sources across the
electromagnetic
spectrum:

_ It looks like Jerry Sokolski is in the draft,
all 7-6, 297 pounds of him. The Malton, Ontario native
may be the first Canadian high-schooler to go
straight to the NBA. Sokolski, who weighed 500
pounds in Grade 11, could be a late second round pick.

- Will the C's use one of their first round pick on one of the
Portsmouth
invitees? We certainly hope not, but GM Wallace did say that
the invitees held Celtics interest. The two Portsmouth guys expected
to contend for first round spots are: Jerome Beasley of  Division II
North Dakota, an athletic, three-point shooting PF with poor rebounding
and defensive skills - does that remind you of anyone currently on the
Celtics roster?  The other possible first-rounder is Tommy Smith
from Arizona State.

- No one is talking about International PGs  Leandrinho Barbosa and
Eynmisan "Misan" Nikagbatse, but it won't surprise me if both
are first round choices, with Barbosa possibly sneaking
into the lottery. Nikagbatse possibly could be a more athletic
Chauncy Billups-Dee Brown hybrid, if he learns to pass.

- Looks like TJ Ford will declare, especially with his projected
draft status of being the fourth pick.

- Orlando is interested in Kurt Hinrich, as they're looking for a PG or
SF.

- The Blakes are feuding: Marty Blake is angry at Steve Blake for
not being at Portsmouth: "I don't consider Steve Blake a good prospect,"

Marty Blake said. "We've got a lot better point guards here than Blake.
He would have helped himself by being here."  Marty's words carry a lot
of weight, so Steve may have bought himself a ticket to free agency.

- The Knicks are expressing a lot of interest in Chris Kaman.  But is
it real or feigned?  Could they be trying to build up his stock, hoping
that their
preferred player slips down?   The Knicks really do need a center,
but could they pull a swerve by taking Jarvis Hayes or Dwayne Wade and
trading
Sprewell to the Bucks for Cassell?

- Who does Detroit draft?  Early consensus seems to be Darko at 2,
Carmelo
at 3, and Chris Kaman at 6.

- This is the Year of the Euro/International Big Man with Darko, Kosta
Perovic,
Anderson Varejao, Sofoklis Shortsianitis, Zaur Pachulia, Pavel
Podkolzin,
Edu Hernandez, and Slavko Vranes all being scooped up in the first
round.
Ray