trading up

Fresh from my triumph (albeit shared) in picking 44 wins, I would like to stretch my luck by opining that if we trade up, it won't be worth it.  I suggest a #10 or #12 pick will not be clearly better than two good picks at #16 and #21.   First, I don't think we could get higher than #12.  Others want the good players, too, and some will be our close adversaries in the East, so good luck doing any better unless we throw in Bremer or Williams, for instance.  Plus, I would hang in and get Collison at #16 and take Blake at #21.  We foolishly let our #2 pick get away.  Many think Blake will be available into Round 2.  And I resist the notion that since Blake is expected to go lower, we should take someone others think is better.  Hogwash!  Taking Parker at #20 would have been a brilliant move.  Take the player you want and need, rather than the one who is ranked next on someone's list. So, I'm on record.  Whereas I lobbied for Tinsley and Jefferson in 2001 and was thrilled to get Joe Johnson, now I would be very pleased with Collison and Blake, two aggressive, 4 year players from top programs, excellent basketball skills, leadership, and positions we badly need. Blake is the most underrated player in the draft (only because he looks like Opie).  Cheers, Gene