From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
GuyClinch@AOL.com
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 12:07 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: The Phoenix Suns..what the Celtics should be

> You never know with Sterling and Elgin Baylor. Historically I can't recall
> them paying the maximum for anyone although maybe that is good because the
> cast they have had did not warrant it. I am not sure what they are going
> do with Elton. They again will have a high draft pick. Would you take
> Wilcox
> and a swap of #1's for Walker? other teams are not afraid to move a player
> that has maxed out his potential for a potential superstar. They don't
> always work out though, but that is the risk you take and the current
> regime
> does not have a good draft track record.

Well I have been watching Joe Johnson out there in Phoenix. Nothing wrong
with that draft pick there. He shot poorly in the beginning of the year, but
with time and a commitment by the coach he is starting to play well. No
surpise here..thats is how its supposed to be done. If you believe in a guy
you stick with him giving him a defined role... The guy has been part of a
big push for the Suns..

The Phoenix Suns are the kind of team the Celtics should have been...
They had solid even great players in Kidd and Marion. But instead of trying
to build around them with "veterans pieces" that "win championships" they
went out and got more talent. Kudos to them.

They traded those old veterans and got Joe Johnson. They traded a great but
aging player (and terrible person) in Kidd for a young Marbury. They drafted
a high schooler with upside rather then move the pick for 'veteran" help..
And now..well if they were in the east they would be vying for the top seed.
Easy. I think they would spank N.J. right now despite all the hype Kidd has
gotten.

OB is killing this team with his win now..I prefer veterans BS. And Wallace
has ruined the Celtics coddling to it. Its incredibly infuriating. The
owners
really need to see this and take steps.

I hope someone gets through to them. Its amazing the writes have called OB
more on his nonsense. I think he sees himself as a visionary... With his
"theory" that Antoine can play point..now we rank 27th in assists!

Everyone points to the front office..but I don't like the coach either. OB
is
the wrong kind of coach for the Celts. He didn't develop JJ...he devolved
Bremer, and has just ruined K. Brown's confidence. Worst of all we play the
ugliest hoops in the game.

Someone posted a while back that only Dallas and Sacremento are worth
watching.
Untrue. Golden State, Phoenix, Minnesota, NJ, Indiana, and even Houston are
all far more interesting to watch then the Celts. Only Detroit and Miami are
as ugly.

Pete