Ryan,

thanks for the long and thoughtful commentary. i agree
with most of what you say with regard to rating
players. i said before last season that battie is the
key to the team in many ways.

pierce is the best player on the team. duh.

walker is the most frustrating player on the team.
duh. (and ONLY 26--please, please, please can we find
a coach who can make him grow up)

blount is the perfect backup. nothing more, nothing
less.

also agree on kedrick. i say give him 30 minutes a
game for 3 months and see where he is at the end.
surely we'd know by then what we have--a potential
stud, serviceable rotation guy, or an expendable end
of bencher.

walter--more valuable than most people give him credit
for. brings energy, versatility and is playing smarter
with experience.

the playoffs should be interesting.
http://tax.yahoo.com