From: "Wright, Cecil" <Cecil.Wright@JUSTICE.GC.CA>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 2:20 PM
Subject: RE: Trade Walker?

> Dan,
>
> I call him a leader because that is how his teammates view him regardless
of his stats.  This team looks at Eric Williams as a leader also and it's
not because of his stats.  It's because of his presence in the lockerroom,
his willingness to help his teammates and a host of other intangibles.  You
predictably fail to mention anything positive about a game where he
admittedly did not play as well as he would have liked.  But I think the 14
assists and 10 boards is a healthy contribution, though he shot poorly.  As
MJ said, he helped put the team in position to win the game even though his
shot was not falling.  I'm sure you are not purposely overlooking that fact,
right?

> The dressing down that Walker gave his teammates last year, included a
blurb about himself and Paul also, so it does not appear that he thinks he
is above reproach, which is one sure way to gain the support of your fellow
players.

> If all you use to judge a leader is stats, then Lucious Harris is a leader
in your eyes since he shoots a high percentage at the line.  I agree about
the beefing with the refs, but he and Paul do get hacked quite a bit with a
no-call, even though, in Paul's case, he still gets to the line alot.  There
are plenty of no-calls on him.  I would hope that everyone agrees with that.