Re: Carmelo Anthony and other stuff

Bring a real coach in and see how he does. Carr, Pitino and OB are not the elite of the NBA by any means and the system (or lack of for ML) that each ran allows Walker to play like this. I would like to hold off on trading him until they have a year of Larry Brown under their belts...

Eggcentric@aol.com wrote:

< Twang trying to impress MJ got us 3 loses against them.> - DanF

After the Michael Jordan comments concerning Toine, I was curious enough to search back to Walker's performance against Washington this year.
In our pre-season and three regular season games against them Toine is averaging -

12.25 PPG
6.75 RPG 7 APG FG% .323 (21-65) 3P% .167 (4-24).
Pre-season: 13 points, 3 rebounds, 9 assists, 6-14 FG's, 1-5 3P's
Game 1: 12 points, 9 rebounds, 0 assists, 5-16 FG's, 1-6 3P's
Game 2: 17 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 7-19 FG's, 2-8 3P's
Game 3: 7 points, 10 rebounds,14 assists, 3-16 FG's, 0-5 3P's

Walker's assists against Washington are up to 7 from his season's 4.8, but in its wake, every other stat is down. So even when challenged by His Airness, his stats fall far short of those expected from a franchise PF.
I keep hearing the apology that Walker is still only 26 yrs. old. Yet he has been in the league for seven seasons now and allowed to alter the coaching plan and future of three different coaches. So why would anyone still hold hope that he will suddenly change his ways and lead a fourth coach to the promised land?

Years from now, when you talk about the Walker era, and I know you will,
don't worry about being kind.
Egg