No double standard for Walker...

> There is an obvious double standard for the two. Why is that?  Why is
> Antoine the bastard step-child and Paul is the fair haired boy???

There is no double standard. There are solid reasons why people often favour
Pierce and have a disdain for Walker.

PP is a more efficent scorer with a 22.88 and 13th overall.
Walker is 47th. Both players have bad games, but Walker has alot more of
them.
These ratings are indicative of what most fans see with their own eyes..PP is
a more effficent scorer then AW.

PP also out rebounds Walker on average, blocks more shots, plays better
defense and has more steals. Also (and this is very important)...he plays
like the swingman he is: with decent ball handling, perimeter scoring and
slashes to the basket. He can also run and finish on the break. He is the
very defintion of a complete player. Paul Pierce would fit in on any team in
the NBA.

Walker on the other hand is somewhat of a gimmick player. He does not play
like a PF. He does not rebound particularly well. He plays rather mediocre
defense, and he does not jump well. He often fails to hustle back on defense,
and does not run the court or the break very well.

He does have special skills though he can hit amazingly difficult shots at an
amazing rate: REALLY long range threes, ridiculous flips and "junky" layups.
He also passes pretty well and can sometimes take over games and lead his
team to victory. He is also an excellent leader and a VERY clutch scorer.

The truth is though..they are very different players. PP fits in on any team
and is quite honestly a prototype swingman. Folks like Caron Butler want to
be like PP. No one goes into the NBA saying that they want to be AW. Walker
is special, unique and talented. But he is ultimately flawed.

I believe most GM's would take PP is heartbeat. But their are some teams that
would hesitate to add a player like Walker. He doesn't really fit alot of
teams. I don't think he fits the Celtics a team that IMHO should be running
and fast breaking.

I like Walker and it can be really fun when he is on and just hitting
ridiculous shots and making amazing plays.. But PP is a much better player,
and the list is not hypocritical in critizing Walker more then Pierce.

Pete