Roshown McLeod

Roshown "hey,hey,you,you,get off of" McLeod has been
named an assistant coach at Fairfield.

Its a bit sad to see a player retire so young due to
injuries. At least he can say he made it to the NBA and
did well for awhile. He never appeared in a single game
for Boston, but I remember reading he could shoot lights
out during warmups.

***

Roshown McLeod named assistant at Fairfield
Fairfield, CT (Sports Network) - Former NBA player
Roshown McLeod was named an assistant men's basketball
coach at Fairfield University Thursday.

"We are very fortunate to add someone like Roshown to our
coaching staff," head coach Tim O'Toole said. "Roshown is
an excellent teacher, and has the experience to help each
and every player on the court."

McLeod finished his NBA career with Boston, but failed to
play a game with the Celtics due to a left leg injury
that eventual cut his playing days short. He was acquired
by Boston in a trade with Philadelphia prior to the 2001-
02 season.

McLeod averaged 7.2 points and 2.7 rebounds in 113 games
over his injury- plagued NBA career. He was originally
selected by Atlanta in the first round -- 20th overall --
of the 1998 NBA Draft out of Duke and spent his first two-
 plus seasons with the Hawks. He was traded to
Philadelphia along with Dikembe Mutombo in February 2001
for Theo Ratliff, Toni Kukoc, Nazr Mohammed and Pepe
Sanchez.

"I am looking forward to working with the guys, and
helping them develop as players," McLeod said. "We have a
lot of talent on this team, and I'm anxious to help this
team win a lot of games. The staff here at Fairfield has
certainly helped me make the transition as a coach, and
made me feel really welcome."

McLeod played at Duke while O'Toole was an assistant
coach under Mike Krzyzewski.

09/26 18:38:40 ET

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?