Misdirected E-mail

From:   <A HREF="mailto:lancejacob@attbi.com";>lancejacob@attbi.com</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:Tammo29@AOL.com";>Tammo29@AOL.com</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

You have to look at what he did for the four full
seasons he had here.
When the guys biggest supporter admits that even he
see's him purposely not passing the ball to the teams
best scorer, you have a problem.
When the team goes on a road trip and leaves their
point guard behind, you have a problem.
When a guy gets yanked from a game and sits on the
floor scowling at his own teammates, you have a problem.
When teammates get into verbal confrontations during a
game that carries on to the team plane, you have a
problem.
I admit that because of some things I've been told in
confidence, I may have somewhat of a prejudice against
Anderson.  But everything I mentioned here is common
knowledge.
I'm also willing to admit that Anderson changed his
attititude between the '01 and '02 seasons.  But lots
of players who look down the road and see their game
dropping off and their contract getting ready to expire
get a sudden desire to "work at their game" that
somehow seems to leave them once they feel secure
again.  What in Anderson's past would make me believe
this was not the case with him?
What I'm not willing to do is to give the guy a free
pass because he decided to finally get into shape and
do what he was asked for one season after 3 years of
doing neither.>>Tammo29

Tammo, I now realize why you piss me off so much.  You
distort every dammned thing to suit your preference.

Remember this:

Kenny Anderson was the only true All-Star on this team
for most every year he was here.  Twan doesn't count,
because his All-Star year was a gift from M.L. Carr,
whose undisputed job was to LOSE GAMES to get the
Duncan pick.  Do you want to argue with this?  Last
year, we had two All-Stars who completely dominated the
FGAs and minutes, leading the ENTIRE league.  Look at
the scoring discrepancies on any other team, including
the Lakers.  We built the classic two-trick pony, and
we didn't even REALLY start winning against good
healthy teams until Rodney got here.  Those Stats were
based on games where we actually lost to the BULLS.

Kenny came to this team with the idea of winning.
Never had a coach with the credentials of Rick Pitino
been forced to resign without a scandal, having
absolutely alienated his entire team.  The Celts didn't
just rebound when he left, they thrived.  And that was
part of Kenny's return to serious basketball.

I've written more than once that, as JB wrote, Kenny
played the PG role when he got here, and it was
terrific.  The arrival of Pierce changed the offense to
Three Men and a Jumpshot, and Kenny got sick of it,
finally firing up his own.  He got legimately hurt with
the leg and jaw injuries and I'll agree, he got tired
of the team's charades.  But as a point guard, this
team gave him nothing to do but play defense.  His
skills were completely misused by RP and Obie in
allowing AW and PP to run the offense.  Doesn't make
the team wrong, but talk about a waste of talent.

Yeah, I wrote that PP wouldn't give the ball to
Pierce.  Why should he?  Paul NEVER moved without the
ball, but you've said that that was his job, to stand
still during a basketball game.  Great hoop insight,
there, Tammo.  Besides, it'll get there eventually, as
Paul wasn't shot limited except by the 48 minute
clock.  Thank the Lord for overtime.

Yeah, Kenny wasn't a quiet professional.  He fought to
get guys playing and moving.  Got his jaw busted
playing the game close and physically.  He complained
that he tailored his game for the captains, as his
role.  I don't take that to mean that he shot less, he
gave up control of the flow.  That's hard to do when
you know you're the best at it.

Musty says it's wrong for the coach to defer to the
egos of the captains.  I think it's wrong for the best
ball handlers to let two guys drive everything from the
perimeter.

You go back and complain about Kenny's skirmishes.  I
like the way he made his teammates better.  You like
Paul's scoring.  Because of Pierce, Obie thinks we
don't need a PG.  Most of these posters disagree.
Let's see if we get past the Nets with Paul doing it
all again.

Paul's a great talent that embodies everything that
more and more people can't stand about today's NBA.
You think Kenny's that way?  Hardly.  But keep up the
self-serving posts and locker room gossip.  It suits
you.