Mouton Rothschild to sign?

Below I've pasted most of an interesting and long article
on Antoine Walker from a few weeks back in the Lowell
Sun. No doubt someone else posted it earlier and I missed
it, so apologies in advance. He thinks Boston is going to
have big problems at point guard and that Rogers wanted
to come back. See the relevant parts are below.

---

Also, yesterday's Idaho Statesman published an article on
Maryland starter Byron Mouton, claiming "Mouton is about
to sign a free-agent contract with the Boston Celtics" He
might just be a training camp body, if the report is
true. Unless he can shoot the three. :-)

http://204.228.236.37/Sports/story.asp?ID=20744

---

Lastly, there's some coverage of the whole sordid Paul
Pierce stabbing trial.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/262/metro/Witness_ID_s_o
ne_of_Pierce_s_assailantsP.shtml

---

Here's the Antoine article. If your wondering, I got
these off a Google news search. I just wanted something
to read over lunch. Oh and I'm sorry about yesterday's
rushed and incoherent post about the draft. Yes, in
hindsight we shoulda drafted Richard Jefferson a bit
higher than was projected. He was a known commodity, who
now looks like a bonafide star in the making particularly
if Jason Kidd stays in NJ. But my feeling is we got two
of the outstanding up-and-coming prospects from of what
was available in our draft range (picks 9-20). And we did
okay at 21. I still don't think we could have traded into
the top-five to get Gasol. Unless I've overlooked
something, that and Richard Jefferson are the two reasons
Chris Wallace deserves to get whacked by fans who blame
him for his scouting of the draft.

Anyway, onward to the Antoine story. Its far more
interesting than anything I have to say about the draft.
As for his golf obsession, that's something I'll never be
able to understand.

Checking in With Captain Antoine
http://www.lowellsun.com/cda/article/print/0,1674,105%
257E4767%257E820533,00.html

"To be honest, three or four of the guys on the
(selection) committee came up to me at the All-Star break
and asked me if I'd be interested in playing," remembered
Walker. "Obviously I told them I would love an
opportunity to play. Then I never heard back from them.
Why didn't I get picked? I didn't know and I didn't ask."

Walker knows his basketball concerns stretch well beyond
joining teammate Paul Pierce for the World Championships
in San Francisco. Like everybody else associated with the
Celtics he has been contemplating how the addition of Vin
Baker and Shammond Williams is going to alter what had
been an ultra-tight Boston club.

Or, perhaps more importantly, the uncertainty of how the
subtraction of point guard Kenny Anderson is going to
change the team's dynamic.

"My concern is that the pick-and-roll was such a big part
of our offense and Kenny was one of the best at setting
myself and Paul up off the pick-and-roll," said
Walker. "What's also hard about it is that we were a team
that had everybody knowing their role. Now we're going to
have to adjust somewhat to fit Vin into being part of the
team.

"We've got to get back to where we were on the defensive
end last year," he added. "Vin and Shammond have got to
fit into the caliber of defense we portrayed. If we can
do that we'll be fine. Offensively, the pick-and-roll is
really going to be hurting right now. We're going to have
to figure out different plays to adjust to that. But
that's really going to hurt us."

The trade for Baker and Williams hardly came as a
surprise to Walker, who has been kept up to date on all
the Celtics' maneuvering by the coaching staff throughout
the summer. He also was well aware of the difficulties
Boston had in trying to re-sign forward Rodney Rogers,
who had been an intregal part of the playoff run since
arriving from Phoenix with Tony Delk in mid-season.

So when Rogers finally signed with another team, Walker
could fully understand his decision. Getting a three-year
deal for $9 million is a lot better than the one-year $1
million offer Boston could afford. But, as Walker half-
joked, did it have to be the Celtics' chief rival, the
Nets?

"It hurt, especially with him going to New Jersey,"
lamented Walker. "Sign with anybody else but them.

"I don't blame him though. I knew he wanted to come back
and I knew he would come back, but the problem is that he
had to do what was best for him money-wise. It was a
tough year to be a free agent because there wasn't a lot
of money out there. If it was me in the same boat, I
probably would have picked the team I knew I was going to
get a lot of playing time with and play out that one
year. But I'm not in that situation."

What adds to the uneasiness about the Rogers situation
for Walker is the reasoning behind the sub-par contract
offer. He realizes the situation the Boston brass finds
itself in thanks to an impending luxury tax, but that
doesn't make a possible detour on the road to a
championship any easier to swallow.

"It's difficult for a team like us, who struggled for the
last few years and finally got to go to the Eastern
Conference finals, and then not to be able to put the
same team on the floor. That hurts a lot. That bothers
me," Walker said.

But just when the ire is raised, and the prospects of
wind sprints start to appear, the talk turns back to the
links. Besides, when it comes to measuring room for
improvement, basketball can't even compare to golf.

"It's great," said Walker regarding his latest sporting
endeavor. "Now I've just got to get good at it."

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?