RE: Where would Kedrick have gone in this draft?

On 18 Sep 2002 Kai_Brunnen_G@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Here's what they would have said about Kedrick:
>
> Great athlete, but a bit of a tweener. Lacks the handle to be a
> shooting guard and too small to be a small forward. A bit slow
> on the uptake, and unlike Koby, McGrady or other super athletic types,
> doesn't really have a great grasp of the game. Can hit three pointers,
> but has no mid-range game to speak of. Defense is good, though he
> seems to have trouble staying with smaller, quicker shooting guards....

Disagree.  But, that's fine we'll wait and see what happens.  I know you
prefer drafting a young big man.  "Bit of a tweener", sure but in a good
way.  He's so quick/strong, he may thrive at both 2 & 3, like Paul.  Have
seen him hit mid range shots, and he stays with quickest 2 guards fine
(practices against Pierce and Delk).

Do agree w/ comments from another post about having not shown
handles and court vision.  But the player I see is a no-college, NBA rook
with holes in his game (Just like the allstars below) but who has ungodly
physical skills.

Look at
    Jermaine Oneal, Rashard Lewis, Kobe
Then look at their more polished rivals who they were compared to, and who
where drafted higher.
    Samaki Walker, Al Harington, Kittles

It's similar to a Brown/Jefferson or Brown/JoeJohnson rivalry.  The second
group are fine, solid players but come on ...it's obvious looking at
recent history why Kedrick is a good bet.