Re: Blame Jordan!

    In addition, you've got a lot of cojones to accuse someone else of
    thinking "that everything comes down to Pierce" when you yourself use
    him as a sort of litmus test for everything.  In the same vein, you
    *did* criticize Pierce in that post, because you used his arrival as
    the impetus for Mercer to be jacking up all those threes.  To whit:

    "Now, perhaps arithmetic isn't your strong suit, but with the arrival
    of Pierce, he doubled his three point shooting.  DOUBLED IT.">>bird

Cojones?  I have two.  My point was cynical; not everything I post has Pierce as the
culprit.

You'd be amusing in your attempts to rile me, Birdo, but the effort's too weak, or at
least the output.
I'd hate to think how much effort went into it.

I didn't criticize Pierce.  That's his game, he was drafted at #10 as a no-brainer for
Pitino and he was given minutes with the starters.  Mercer changed HIS game to try to
compete; that was his choice--shooting more, fewer free throws and more threes.
Doesn't make Pierce an instigator.  I suggested at the time that PP wasn't the guy for
this offense, they needed a stronger front line, but getting Pierce meant they should
have moved Mercer right away.  The real issue is that he stopped going inside almost
completely, which meant Kenny had one less MOVING guy to pass to, and we all agree
that Mercer couldn't create his own shot, you had to catch him in an open spot or set
the pick.

I called out Kim when he/she challenged my Kenny post on his selfishness that arose
when Pierce arrived and Mercer went into perimeter mode.  That's why the emphasis on
Doubled.

Regardless, anybody watching that team saw a completely stagnant offense.  Do you have
stats for STAGNANT OFFENSE, Mr. Bird?  Looking back at the players' individual stats
may partially explain the lack of movement, but it's only a supporting point to the
decline of the Celts offense.  I contended that Kenny could only do so much on his
own; if players move, a good PG will get them the ball where and when they need it.
Kidd would be nothing of Martin, Kittles and Van Horn stood around.  Don't worry,
he'll find Rodney as easily as he did Keith.  Kenny will also have an increase in
assists per minute with the more athletic Sonics offense.

Keep up the good work, though, Mr. Bird.