> Does anyone know if our second round pick from a
> couple years back, Josip Sesar, is playing in the
> world championships? If not, why not?
> http://finance.yahoo.com

Hi, our draft pick Josip Sesar is a Croatian (like Toni
Kukoc and Dino Radja) and unfortunately that team failed
to qualify (as did France, which has had a lot of first
round caliber picks lately). The "Yugoslavia" team
represents Serbia and what little is left of the former
Yugoslavia: which was already relatively decentralized
even under Tito (not Michael's brother).

I don't know if Boston still retains the rights to Sesar,
or how he is progressing (or if he'd leave Europe for the
NBA minimum).

But if anyone wants to lament a recent 2nd round pick, go
instead with Kris Klack. Boston unfortunately
drafted "Klank" two spots ahead of the Spur's Manu
Ginobili (arguably the best player and prospect at the
World Championship, and candidate for "answer to our
prayers" were he on Boston's pointguard roster). If he
is, in fact, the leading ROY candidate that some say he
is, the Spurs did a nice job of re-stocking their
backcourt. Oh well.

Joe H.

p.s. BTW, did anyone videotape the final minutes of that
Yugo game? All I recall is that Andre Miller clanked the
tying three-point shot, even though the play was
reportedly called for Pierce.

If Pierce was getting open, then it is apparent which guy
was being "selfish". It would be interesting to cue up
that tape to prove that Pierce was too damn "lazy" to get
open on the last two plays. ;-)

Andre Miller is a piece of work. The 2nd worst shooter on
the team shouldn't be hogging the ball like he did.

If you ask me, AMiller seems to want everyone to catch-
and-shoot so he can record his assists.

Pierce was the only guy who didn't oblige Miller by
playing such as stifling, Cleveland-style, loser game.
One can argue that the USA wasn't as effective on offense
when Pierce was in the game, but the numbers would almost
certainly prove you wrong.

We'll soon see how Andre will do with all the young egos
in La La Land, as far as winning goes. That team has a
lot of talent up front and at shooting guard, but I
wonder...

***
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?