Re: Top Five Most Important Things For The Celtics This Season

Sean was being nice to Kemp here:

>Orlando signed Kemp today, most likely for basically nothing. Not a bad
deal for them. If he has any gas left in the tank,
>he can help them. Leaving all the money on the table in Portland to get out
of town indicates he is concerned with more than >collecting a paycheck.

Sean,  It may have more to do with the threat of having his entire contract
voided for substance abuse.  At the very least, he would be too old to make
a comeback by the time Paul Allen allowed it to be settled in court.

Kemp needs any cash he can get his hands on to pay all the different child
support/maintenance payments he is court ordered to make.

IMO, he is only about himself first, second and third and his team isn't
even on the list.

>I wouldn't have minded the Celtics taking a flyer on him for short time and
short dollars...

He is the poster boy for what is wrong with the NBA collective bargaining
agreement.  No thank you.

But, just based on past basketball skills he was a player at one time and
could help a team if he did a personal 180, so I understand your thought
process.

<Jim