Re: more pack journalism

> ---------- Initial message -----------
>Up until now, the athleticism of the
> predominantly black NBA stars has  carried Team USA.
The Americans are not
> superior anymore in shooting, passing or even defense,
long a trademark of
> American basketball.  They don't play team basketball.
It's all about
> outjumping and outmuscling the opponents, not
outplaying them.

Hello Kestas:

I'd agree with all these empirical observations, but I'd
disagree with-- or add to-- conclusions as to "why".

One team (Argentina) by their own admission had practiced
together for one-year-and-a-half, while the other team
("Don't Cry for me USA") had practiced together for
something like eleven days. How relevant is that? What do
you guys think?

I'd point to a "lack of practice" far more than a "black
dudes just like to show hops and don't play team ball".
I'm not characterizing your argument as the latter,
please understand.

But lets imagine that a small portion of viewers
attribute the loss to a ghetto v. honky comeupance thing.
Well get real. Dream on.

USA played like the "pickup" team that, in fact, they
unfortunately are. If you put the All Rest of the World
Team together for one All Star game, they wouldn't pass
the ball any better.