From: Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu
[mailto:Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu]
Sent: September 05, 2002 10:53 AM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: more pack journalism

--- You wrote:
Cecil pontificated that the US would win on athleticism.  That's the same
attitude that allows our players to loaf on defense, stand around the
perimeter on offense and, in essence, hand a 58-game run to a team from
SOUTH
AMERICA.
--- end of quote ---

I have to agree with Lance here. Up until now, the athleticism of the
predominantly black NBA stars has  carried Team USA. The Americans are not
superior anymore in shooting, passing or even defense, long a trademark of
American basketball.  They don't play team basketball. It's all about
outjumping and outmuscling the opponents, not outplaying them. That's why
athletically inferior, but fundamentally sound TEAMS like Argentina,
Lithuania,
Yugoslavia etc. can beat them. If American players of African descent ever
decided to boycott Team USA, it couldn't even win a medal, never mind
getting
the gold or going undefeated.
Kestas