Re: how baker will fit in

on 9/2/02 12:56 PM, jlyell at jlyell@netzero.net wrote:

> I doubt Baker will be coming off the bench behind Battie. it would be
> interesting to run Baker at the 5, Battie at the 4 and Walker at the 3,
> Pierce at the 2.
>
> John
*****************

     Interesting, yes, but that leaves the bench pretty thin.
    O'Brien likes Eric Williams on the floor, to start games and while I
expect to see the lineup you sketched at the end of games, I think back to
the great C's of the late fifties/sixties, with often three defensive
players on the floor and the sixth man as the scoring punch, when needed.
Eric Williams is becoming like Tom Sanders, right down to the bum knees.
    Selling Baker on the sixth man role won't be easy, but it makes sense to
me.

    JB

                                                     Unchain My Heart!