Antoine

The point isn't that Antoine shot poorly. Everyone has a bad shooting game -- 2-for-11, 3-for-14, whatever -- but no one else besides Antoine (maybe Iverson) has horrendous shooting games like 5-for-23. That's because everyone else has the common sense to take fewer shots if they are that far off, or at least has a coach who will call someone else's number.

If Antoine had passed up, say, a half-dozen of those shots, I would have had no problem with him. If he went 0-for-12, that wouldn't bother me. It's the selfishness and stupidity that's involved in these 5-for-23 games that drives me crazy.

Yeah, it's been just one game ... this year. It has been countless dozens throughout the seasons. Everyone has bad games, but Antoine's bad ones are horrific, game-losing efforts. Antoine will have some brilliant games this year and I will cheer him. But I will long for the day (which will probably never come) when he merely has off nights -- when, like a Larry Bird, he decides to pass to someone who is shooting well -- instead of wretched, god-awful nights.

STEVE O

There is an entire season to be played before you cry
about one game when our Captain shoots poorly.  You'll be the first one to
jump onboard when he lights it up as well.