Last night

I guess the good news (seriously) is that the game was
closer than expected, considering one of the captains
shot 5-23.

Boston's clearly not strong enough to win when Paul or
Antoine shoot 20% from the field.

Even some of Antoine's makes were high-degree-of-
difficulty type shots. He always pulls this stuff against
his hometown Bulls. The only nice thing you can say is
that it makes it extremely unlikely Bulls fans would ever
want to trade for him or sign him when his contract
expires, a year ahead of when Vin Baker's contract
expires.

The Bulls matchup will get even tougher now, because they
have long-armed power forwards that tend to give Walker a
harder time. Walker also has shot erratically in the past
against teams like the Spurs. He needs to focus on his
other strengths in games against those teams.

The other good news is the fans were really vocal and
supportive. Outstanding. In other arenas, fans seem to
feel awkward chanting things like "Defense" in unison.
They also play along too, but you sense they feel kind of
dorky or undignified doing it. We don't, because its
tradition. We're a bit like English soccer fans in how we
approach it, minus the hooligans.

I only watched the first three quarters (at least my YMCA
team won a game on a last second free throw). So I didn't
expect Boston would get held to 12 points in the fourth
quarter at home versus the Bulls. That's inexcusable. It
should never happen at home against a weak defensive team.

And the 10-rebound differential kind of caught up with
us.

The lack of a killer instinct in the 3rd quarter didn't
bode well either. Those two things allowed the Bulls to
hang around.

You can't let younger teams hang around like that, much
less ever let the referee's whistle get inside your head
like it seemed to.

When it comes to defense, I think Boston has some
remedial learners on the bench. This could actually take
awhile! We let the Bulls shoot 50% from the field.
Shammond's obviously someone to watch in that regard,
based on his turnstile repuation.

Also, the sooner Kedrick can come back and replace all of
McCarty's minutes, the better I think.

Its like you have four serious guys out there, and then
you throw Jerry Lewis out on the floor. He's
distractingly idiotic whenever plays like a headless
rubber chicken. He must be enjoying married life. When
his heads not in the game, he doesn't deserve an NBA
contract.

He's a jack of no trades.  Kedrick isn't exactly Rick
Barry, but at least he has limited but identifiable
strengths. Obie had no choice but to give EWill 37
minutes last night, and that's certainly not a recipe for
success.

I don't know how many times already that Vin Baker has
been "held" to four shot attempts so far. I'm not quite
sure who's fault this is anymore.

Baker's post up spins are a thing of beauty and
positioning. You hardly see that kind of post play
anymore. But it seems like all parties involved,
including Vin, want to keep him at the four shot attempts
per game ceiling.

Also, I hope Antoine will try to perform well (in the
good sense) tonight against MJ's Wiz. What can you say,
its actually a big game now. But no way will I post a
game preview. I should go back into the digest and get
the accurate numbers, but without exaggeration the
Celtics record is something like 3 wins and 96 losses
when I post a game preview (specifically on the day of a
game). Maybe not even 3 wins. Maybe more than 96 losses.
Its uncanny. After I click "send", I should already know
what the outcome will be.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?