Re: Feeling Optomistic

"Tony Delk is the real thing. Why didn't they get him a shot in the last
1:30, while Antoine bricked both of his?"
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**I have no problem with Walker taking the last shot (although I do have a
problem with O'Brien making him the 1st option with the game Delk had going).
The coach drew up the play and he executed it.
I do however question his decisions down the stretch.  Like the time he had
Delk in the corner wide open and he chose to pass the ball to Williams in the
opposite corner.  Why?  Delk was also open on Antoines next to last three
pointer.
Tony could have and probably should have gotten the shot three different
times in the last few minutes and he didn't get even one.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you imagine this team with Rogers, Strickland and Kenny Anderson, losing
this game?"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 ** Actually, yes I can.  This team has always had trouble getting up for the
bottom feeders like the Bulls and the Warriors.  Even when they play well for
long stretches they just can't seem to keep up the intensity against teams
they feel superior to.
On the other hand we very often play our best games against teams that are
supposed to beat us.
Witness what happened in the playoffs.  We were supposed to be beaten by
Philly and Detroit, yet we won.   We were supposed to beat New Jersey and we
lost.
New Jersey was far from a bottom feeder but we had had all kinds of success
against them and I think from the coaching staff on down our players felt
very confident we were the better team.

TAM