Antoine's Chat Transcript

Here's the NBA.COM chat transcript from today.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/chat/transcript_walker_021029.h
tml

CyberToineFan (Boston): Antoine, what was your best
moment during your playoff run last year? My favorite
part was when you were totally on fire in Game 3 at
Philly.

Antoine Walker: The comeback game, I'd have to say. To be
down so many points and then come back and win that game.

San Fran: Do you think your team is better now than last
year with the offseason additions and another year under
your belt with coach?

Antoine Walker: Yeah, I think the team's going to be
better because for the first time since I've been in
Boston, we've got a lot of scoring options. We can score
from a lot of different places.

Al (Boise): Toine, what two players do you think will
step up and fill the shoes of Kenny Anderson and Rodney
Rogers?

Antoine Walker: I think it's going to be a combination of
players: Shammond Williams, Vin Baker, Tony Delk. I think
all of them will have specific moments where they step up
and specific moments where they shine.

Neel (Toronto): Yo Antoine...do you think the addition of
Vin to the lineup gives your team enough of the needed
size you guys didn't have last year? Also, how is he
fitting in to his new team? He was pretty excited to be
in Boston when the trade was announced.

Antoine Walker: I think he can fit in well. I think it
depends if he's willing to accept his role. He's going to
have to come off the bench, which will be new for him.
But I think he's going to be fine. He has a great
attitude, and he's been a great addiiton for us so far.

Sam (Worcester): Hello Antoine, GO CELTICS GO!!!! Can you
describe your summer sessions working out with Michael
Jordan?

Antoine Walker: They were very good. I worked out for
probably 3-4 hours a day, weight training and also
playing basketball, 5-on-5 with other pros. With Michael,
it was more one-on-one sessions.

Alan (Philly): What are your goals for the season, other
than winning an NBA titles? What aspect of your game have
you been working or concentrating on during the offseason
to train for this season? Good Luck this season, Go
Celts!

Antoine Walker: I've worked on just trying to get in the
best shape possible, especially more on my legs so I can
play big minutes. On the court, I worked a lot on my
shooting, trying to become a better shooter.

DMV (Warwick, RI): Nice job last season ... you made all
of Celtic nation proud. I just have to ask you, where did
you come up with the "Walker Wiggle?"

Antoine Walker: EVerybody asks me that but I just do it
through the motion of the game. It's hard to pinpoint
where I came up with it. I just started doing it. I was
just having fun. I did it a little in college, but we had
to get back into the press really quick.

Lefty, Washington DC: Antoine, I am a big fan of your's.
I love watching you play. My question is, do you have any
pregame rituals? What is your favorite hobby besides
beating the Wizards?

Antoine Walker: Pregame...nothing. I just try and relax.
I just try and get to the gym early and make sure I get
200-250 shots up before every game so that I feel
prepared going into every game.

I don't have a lot of other hobbies. I just started
playing golf. I'm really into golf. I'm a homebody during
the season. In the summer, I'm up for doing anything.

Dana, Plymouth NH: First off, good luck on the upcoming
season. What did it feel like in the FleetCenter during
the playoff run last year, I mean compared to playing at
Kentucky?

Antoine Walker: It was no comparison. Obviously college
was a great experience, playing in front of 24, 000
people. It's a larger crowd. But during the playoffs,
words can't describe it. You just feed off the energy
that the fans bring to the game.

Cambridge: Antoine, You look better in shape than before,
Did you train differently this offseason? And if you did,
how will it make you better for this season.

Antoine Walker: I didn't train differently. I just
focused in on different areas of my body. Hopefully it
helps me for the long haul. Obviously, I'll be playing a
lot of minutes, and I want to continue to play at a high
level for all those minutes. Plus, I was anxious to get
back to work. I didn't take much time off.

Mark(Boston): Antoine, over the last 1-2 seasons, you
have taken your game and leadership to a whole new level.
I view you as the most versatile 6'9" guy since Magic
Johnson. What do you think has changed most about your
game since your rookie year?

Antoine Walker: Everything. Right now I'm much more
cmposed. I understand the game a lot more. I let the game
come to me a lot more. I think I know how to win now. My
whole mental approach to the game has changed as well.

Waddinxveen Flyers, nummer 4!!!: Hey Antoine! Have you
got one play/basket you made that you still remember b/c
it was so nice?

Antoine Walker: I think there are a lot of them. I think
the ones you hit at the buzzer to decide the game. The
Lakers game for me. The game at Madison Square Garden.
Those are the plays you remember the most.

Kim, Waltham: Toine, I attended your fundraiser on the
cruise last year, will you be hosting more "8 Foundation"
events?

Antoine Walker: A lot. I've got my pool tournament coming
up on December 17. That's the next event.

Waltham: Toine, Is it true that you are an average player
at best when it comes to Madden Football?

Antoine Walker: (Laughs) I'm probably the best to ever
play that game. (As for team...) I'm a hometown guy. I
play with Chicago.

vorsean: Hey Antoine, wassup ... there are a lot of great
players out there in the nba today and you're definitely
one of them. Who do you rank as the best SCORERs in the
game today, and do you rank yourself as one of them?

Antoine Walker: The best scorer would probably be Allen
Iverson. Kobe would probably come in a close second.
There are a few different guys that fall in that
category. Top scorers are the guys that take a lot of
shots. But I think Iverson's the best right now.

Tim: Poestenkill, NY: Antoine, Who do you think the most
improved team is in the Eastern Conference? thanks. Tim

Antoine Walker: I haven't had the opportunity to see
everyone play, but on paper, you'd probably think the
Atlanta Hawks. They have Theo back healthy. They got
Robinson. That was a great trade for them. They have
Shareef. I think that's why they can be the most improved
team.

Phipps(Portland, ME): Antoine, after the success of last
season people will be looking for more of the same. Do
you think that this team has the same chemistry to repeat
the success of last season?

Antoine Walker: We can. We have seven guys back. We have
five guys who need to buy into the system. But I think we
can definitely have the same chemistry.

San Fran: How about the point? What do Shammond and Tony
Delk bring to the table? How are they different?

Antoine Walker: Shammond and Tony are different because
of their ability to shoot the ball, which makes them a
different type of threat. They can make that three-point
shot.

Nathan (Amherst): Hello Mr.Walker. What sort of a
contribution should we expect from Kedrick Brown this
season?

Antoine Walker: Hopefully a huge contribution. He was
doing very well before he got hurt. He ws going to be the
first 2 or 3 man off the bench. We're expecting big
things from him.

MacBarnes (Boston): Seeing that I'm a big fan of
food...What does your typical game day meal consist of?

Antoine Walker: It varies. I like to eat something very
light. I don't have a set meal, though.

Scotty Z: Antoine, I want to know some of your favorite
things away from bball. What is your favorite type of car
and your favorite musician/group?

Antoine Walker: Favorite car would probably be a
Mercedes. Favorite group would probably be Jay-Z.

G Force (Holland): Antoine, does management involve you
in player decisions, like trading for Vin Baker, or did
you hear that after the trade was done?

Antoine Walker: I don't think they involve me. They will
ask my opinion. But the final decision is not based on
me.

Todd (Gardner): Hey Antoine, Was it fun doing that
McDonald's "McFlurry" with Paul? Its seems like it must
have been "cool".

Antoine Walker: It was a good time. We spent a lot of
time on the set together. It was a lot of different sets.
And the way they set up our faces for it, with the fake
ice and all that stuff. But I'm not that good of an
actor. (Laughs)

Top Dog (Melrose): Are you looking forward to playing
Utah (11/11) this year, considering this could be Malone
and Stockton's last visit to Boston?

Antoine Walker: I'll never look forward to playing Utah
because it's a different type of game. But because those
are two of the greatest players to play the game...you
hate to see those guys go. We've been very competitive
with Utah the last couple games. So it's always a tough
game.

Sigita (Vilnius): Hi! How does it feel playing in the
first game of the season? Is it exciting? Or is it the
same feeling as in a common game? What is the difference?
Thank you.

Antoine Walker: The first game is important because
that's when you open at home and get the fans behind you.
You want to open up right. And you're anxious to get back
on the floor. That's what makes it great.

Antoine Walker: I just want to thank the fans for
supporting me as an individual player and for supporting
the Celtics. So continue to cheer for us as we try to get
No. 17.
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?