A ruse by any other name

< They're just giving the other guys some breathing space with all
this preseason losing stuff. its A RUSE PEOPLE. its a RUSE ... >
- Mrs. CB

Why God bless ya for your spirit, l'il lady. *

Another season, another show.

Questions, questions.

Will our singing caballeros build a golden dome,
or will they come up shrill away from home?

Will our captain's sweet music have too many rests,
or will we continue to hear their Celt melody best?

Will we see giddy fortune's furious fickle wheel,
or will we see Mrs. CB lose the win prediction deal? **

Will our brave little bodies with their mighty hearts succeed,
or end up doing penance for past disingenuous deed(s)? ***

And so we are but left to witness and to wonder -
are we a TASTY RUSE or a COOKED GOOSE?

GO CELTS!

Egg

*     Memorable Gabby Hayes line from Riders of The Purple Sage.

**   REMINDER: Have you all sent in your $5.00 entry fee to assure
       authorized participation in the annual win prediction poll?
         Please make checks out to: Eggcentric, Account no. 4958692,
       Bank of America, 340 Broad Street, Ogunquit, Maine 03907.

*** Of the rhythm & blues boys- GASTON AND THE WOPS
       (Wallace, Obie, Papile)