Re: re:Subject: Fwd: [Celtics' Stuff -"I left guys on the court a little too long,..

Yeah, Obie's worried alright.  He's going to try to play Walker and Pierce
40 minutes to get them in shape?  That doesn't make sense.  He saw what
their 40 minutes resulted in at the end of the season when Kenny, Paul and
Twan all suffered from dead legs late in the games.  If these guys aren't in
shape after 90 NBA games, they won't get stronger by playing them more
minutes.

Let's remember that the captains were both ranked in the top five for NBA
minutes per game, and at 81 and 82 reg season games, we can say that their
cumulative minutes exceeded every other team's top two players by a wide
margin.

Obie may need their scoring or defense, but he doesn't need to condition
them and that's a crappy excuse.  Just like playing Kenny for 36mpg against
the Nets because he had no other good options, the coach wants his best guys
out there the max minutes.  Isn't this what upset us about the little PT
that Kedrick saw last year?  Obie always has an excuse not to play the
youngsters.

Nonetheless, nobody should expect our captains to perform well at 42mpg, or
82 x 40mpg, especially by April.  Hence, Obie was wise in saying he wanted
to reduce their minutes.  The loss of Kedrick, the little offense from the
rejuvenated EWill and the few points scored by Delk and Walter point to a
scoring dropoff if they don't play.  That's right now.  If the team doesn't
develop other scorers this season, they'll have the same problems in the
Spring as they did last year, and that's the coach's fault.