final prediction

    Bear with me, as I have designed a highly sophisticated method of coming
to my final number.  Last year the Celtics won 49 games.  Kenny Anderson was
#3 MVP and there is no solid point guard to replace him.  Minus 4 games.
Rodney Rogers gave us the spurt and strength off the bench to make the
eastern finals, now he's gone.  Minus four games.  Walker is maturing.  Plus
one game.  Pierce is maturing.  Plus one game.  Delk is feeling more
comfortable.  Plus two games.  Kedrick Brown might bring something to the
table.  Plus one game.  Vin Baker joins the middle.  Minus two games.
Except for VP, the Celtics were incredibly lucky healthwise last year.  Minus
one game.  SWilliams = Strickland, no change.
49 - 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 1 = 43 wins.

That's my number, 43.
- Doug in LA, aka Douglas342