Vin Baker

Out of curiosity, I checked out Vin Baker's career stats
from the perspective of foul trouble.

I was reassured to discover that his career average is
one foul every 10.5 minutes played.

Last year it was one foul every 8.6 minutes.

That's certainly not great...but nothing like this pre-
season either.

At least he should be able to play 40 minutes (or even
48) without fouling out, statistically speaking.

More stats. In Baker's first season with a new team,
including his rookie season in Milwaukee, he averaged one
foul every 10.8 minutes.

Being confused about the plays is exactly like playing
with two left feet. You look a lot clumsier and foul
prone than you are. But considering that he's been
working with the Cets staff since this summer, I hope he
finally shows signs of "getting it" tonight and into the
first weeks of the season.

(For instance, I can't believe it took him this long to
jump out to double on the high pick and roll. That's got
to be the defining characteristic of Dick Harter's
defensive philosophy.)

But getting back to foul trouble, rest assured that Vin's
been able to average 35.7 minutes per game over his
entire career. That means he doesn't typically foul out
in 13 minutes, or whatever it was.

I wouldn't mind if Obie tries to run Baker out there 40
minutes tonight, foul trouble permitting, and let Pierce
and Walker rest a bit. I doubt that will happen though.

Here's one last stat I noticed about Vinnie "the
Conventional Toaster" Baker.

Back when he "wasn't fat" (e.g. pre lockout season), he
was actually one heck of a work horse like Antoine.

In Baker's first five seasons with the Bucks and Seattle,
he went the full distance four times (82 games played).

He missed only FOUR games total out of 410 regular season
games. That's exceptional. You know how big guys always
seem to have one nagging injury or another.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?