Re: 2002-2003 Celtic Record

In a message dated 10/24/2002 7:15:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jahill@leasingservice.com writes:

> Did anyone think that with KA, Rogers and Strickland we were going to beat a
> Western team in the finals?  There wasn't a chance.
>
> We needed change to have a chance.  It may not work out this year but it
> certainly wasn't going to if we stood pat anyway.  We will need more change
> as well to win a championship someday.

Of course we had no chance against the west; no one thought we did, and most
were delighted to get as far as we did.  But the gap between Boston and the
Lakers and Kings is so huge that the tinkering that has happened won't change
that gap.  With Baker and SWill, they may win a few more or a few fewer
games, but when you talk about Rings, the Celts are rearranging deck chairs.
I said it last year and will say it again:  the road to a title goes through
LA, and as long as Shaq and Kobe are around, the freeway is closed.