Scapegoat looking better but the pundits already have the noose...

Vin looked much better last night, although he didn't put up some of the
great stats some people are looking for. He looked much better on defense,
much more smooth. He has figured out the "rush" tactic on the pick and role
and was able cut off the point guard and then get back into position. He
rebounded with much more authority, pulling down on a couple of tough boards.
On offense, he reduced the constant effort on attempting to seal off his man
while the Cs were looking for other offense. Instead, he only attempted to do
this when the ball was swinging to the other side. For one, this reduced the
fouls for unnecessary positioning when the Cs weren't going to pass the ball
to him anyways. Nobody mentioned nor do the stats so that he sealed his man
and created a lowpost wall for an uncontested layup for both SWill and Delk.
He also has to be credited for setting three to four massive picks for SWill
who used them to get uncontested threes. In case none you noticed that we
don't have anyone else on our team who has the bulk or ability to set these
kind of screens.

I will grant that he still had some bobbles, some unfamiliarity on offense
and some horrible free throw shooting. Yet, I was greatly encouraged about
the improvement over the previous outings. I think Obie is playing him
prefectly. He is lowering the expectations and letting the air out of the
ballon. This is what Vin needs. He didn't have that at the Sonics. Just let
Paul and Twan do their thing which is what they want to do anyways and slowly
let Vin let his game melt into the Cs while his confidence improves.

I presently think that Cs are 90% of last year's team with what they got
right now and have the potential to be 125% of last year's team with Baker
getting us 12 and 8 with a little extra out of Kedrick. The one thing that
could really upset things is as I and this recent scouting report have
pointed out is what is going to happen when they point the press on Delk.
Delk is going to throw it over to Twan and he is going to be totally beat
down bringing up the ball. SWill may have to end up playing the whole game.
That tale is yet to be told...

DJessen33