Vin Baker observations

Hello to all:
  I'm a long-time Celts fan, previous list lurker, and
now first-time writer. Having watched the Celts'
preseason games to date, I've been disappointed with
what I've seen from Vin Baker thus far.
When a shot goes up, his first reaction is not
to go for the rebound. He seems to establish his
position on the defense, watch the opponent take
the shot, and then prepare to retreat to the offense.
Though he appears to be a skilled passer and has made
a few nice moves to the hoop, he doesn't seem to
have the fire in his belly to mix it up, take a charge,
or go for the rebound in traffic.
Hopefully OB's gentle break-in techniques and the
support of his teammates will encourage this
otherwise decent fellow to get with the program and
get fired up, or I wouldn't be surprised if Ruben W.
(who does mix it up) might take more of his minutes.

                         Best to all, Steve Appell
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/