Re: Baker - was RE: An opposing scout on the Celtics

Cecil,  no one's questioning Baker's talent.  I, too, was surprised by his
passing ability, and he's more nimble than I thought. What's infuriating is
what he does, or rather doesn't do, with all that talent. Of course he can
contribute more than Pot could ever dream of, but the question whether he ever
will.  Like  I said, my hope is that he's in his preseason injury-avoidance
mode, and I'll happy to take back what I said about him in the previous post if
he gets his ass in gear come Oct. 30th. But the glee emanating from Seattle,
and his MO so far indicates otherwise.
Kestas

--- You wrote:
There is a facet to Baker's game which is somewhat overlooked I
believe...his passing ability.  Last night, he had an opportunity to shoot a
jumper just inside the line, but he found someone else open underneath for a
better shot.  Though there seems to be a general lovefest with Vitaly now
that he is a Sonic, he could never have made the pass if he was lucky enough
to catch the ball in the first place.

Baker surely will have to work harder on defense and boxing out and
positioning and jumping out and rebounding.  But he will add more than
Vitaly could ever have hoped for once the ball is in his hands.  The fact
that his teammates whoop it up for him whenever he does something with the
ball is a strong indicator of their desire for him to succeed, knowing it
will make the team more versatile.  He'll be alright.
--- end of quote ---