Baker - was RE: An opposing scout on the Celtics

There is a facet to Baker's game which is somewhat overlooked I
believe...his passing ability.  Last night, he had an opportunity to shoot a
jumper just inside the line, but he found someone else open underneath for a
better shot.  Though there seems to be a general lovefest with Vitaly now
that he is a Sonic, he could never have made the pass if he was lucky enough
to catch the ball in the first place.

Baker surely will have to work harder on defense and boxing out and
positioning and jumping out and rebounding.  But he will add more than
Vitaly could ever have hoped for once the ball is in his hands.  The fact
that his teammates whoop it up for him whenever he does something with the
ball is a strong indicator of their desire for him to succeed, knowing it
will make the team more versatile.  He'll be alright.

I will try to focus on him while at the game tomorrow evening.

I also take issue with this scout and his view of Shammond.  Seems nobody
but me feels that he will be key in getting the opposing PG in foul trouble.
He is not an easy matchup.  If they want to take the ball away from Toine,
that's fine.  It's nothing that a few well placed screens can't handle.  I
guess what I am trying to say is we have added some scoring potential which
we did not have in the past, even though the Kenny apologists would have us
think differently.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecil