Re: Boston Globe - Martins, Shaughnessy

That may be true, but bear in mind that either Walker or
Pierce will be on the court nearly 100% of the time. Both
guys play around 40 a night, with usually one guy on the
floor at all times.

That's not necessarily bad for Baker, but he's still not
going to be the first scoring option. I think its more
likely that he'll get passes from the captains than from
the four other bench jockeys. They seem to care about
getting him involved for one thing. We'll see.

Personally, I'd like Obie to spend entire practices
having all the perimeter guys feed the post under
defensive pressure, even if they'll ultimately do it much
less frequently in games.

They need to know how to execute that play well, and a
lot of it is timing with the movements of the big guy,
through repetitions in practice.

The thing with Bakerand many other players moving
without the ball is he looks like he's seriously loafing
at times, presumably to get his defender's guard down. He
doesn't seem to be moving with much of a sense of purpose
or energy. Then he makes his move and locks into the
post. Its basically that moment (or never) that the
passer needs to feed the post. Its timing. You've got
even less than the three seconds.

Even if the Celtics just execute it successfully two or
three times particularly early in a game, the benefits
are obvious. It opens things up and makes everyone's life
easier. Plus its not entirely selfless. Baker is a sharp
passer down there.

Vin's going to be a major disappointment in Boston if all
he does is try to score on offensive put backs.  Of
course it should be a point of emphasis for him (get
aggressive down there), but it should also be a point of
emphasis for the rest of the team to practice feeding the
post during practices.

Any player who have been with the Celtics for longer than
one season might not even remember how to do it. Obie can
change that. And Vin's got to start acting more hungry
and greedy too. If he wants to, he can manhandle Shawn
Bradley and Raef Lafrentz. They'll still block a few
shots, but he needs to be relentless against them.

Joe H.
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?