Re: Celtics preseason stats to date

because the Celts are
> truly a work in progress this year, and some teams in
the East are basically
> status quo.

Yeah, I agree.

Its hard to call, but I still have Detroit (and NJ) ahead
of Boston, primarily because of coaching and outstanding
defense. And of course, a few other teams might make a
move.

Basically the Pistons swapped Stackhouse (a good player
regardless) for Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups and a
healthy Rebraca. They have definitely become a "no star"
system, but its not obvious that they will have the go-to
weapons in the fourth quarter.

To me, Rip is a Morris Peterson type second-scorer guy.
I'm not sure he can take it to the next level, and if he
doesn't who will? I wouldn't want Chauncey jacking up
shots, although he's a cool customer. Not that Stack came
through for them either..

So I still like the Boston Celtics, because of superior
frontend talent and maturity from our captains.

But its like last year again. You can't just look at the
top regular season records from last year, you have to
look at 6 or 7 teams that could make the type of move
Boston, Detroit and NJ did last year.

I do think Boston is a second seed tops, though. Anywhere
from 2nd to 4th. Hate to admit it.

But, then again, NJ might even be a 55-58 win team like
Philly a few years back. They look good to me.

So I think Boston could lose a bit of ground on NJ and
still win more games than last year, as teams like that
really tend to do when their stars finally enter their
prime years. I can't wait for the season to start.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?