Celtics preseason stats to date

As the saying goes.....Stats are like bikini's.  They don't show it all but
they give you a pretty good idea of what's behind them.

<A HREF="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stats/0203prebos.htm";>http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stats/0203prebos.htm</A>

Some stats that stand out to me:

Baker- has more fouls than points (30 & 28) and the same number of turnovers
as defensive rebounds (10).  He seems to have a tendency to tip the ball in
the air instead of grabbing it.  He did that a number of times last night and
Vince Carter was the beneficiary.
He hasn't had many attempts, but he's also not shot well from the floor (43%)
or from the line (53%) when he did have the opportunities.
He does however lead the team in offensive rebounds by a wide margin (15).

Antoine- leads the team in rebounding (33), minutes played (168) and 3 pt
attempts (35).
He's second in FGA  (74), and fourth in FTA (18), which unfortunately means
almost half his shots have been 3 pointers.
His shooting %'s so far have been on the low side even for Antoine (37%FG,
31% 3ptFG, 67%FT).
With just six games played one bad night can play havoc on percentages and he
had a pretty bad night against the T-Wolves.  Hopefully we'll see some
improvement.  I'd like to see him stay above 40% this season and if he
concentrates on passing I think he can.
Right now he's 3rd on the team in assists (18) and 2nd in PPG (13.2).

Paul- Leads the team in PPG (21.2), assists (21), FT% (85%), FGA (79) and FTA
 by a wide margin (46).
He's second in rebounds (28), 3pt% (53%), minutes played (167), and 3pt
attempts (30).
He's shooting very well from everywhere so far.
He's second only to Iverson in the league in scoring this preseason.
<A HREF="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stats/0203-pre-lead.htm";>http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stats/0203-pre-lead.htm</A>

Delk- Tony is shooting lights out from everywhere but the FT line, although
he only has 9 attempts at the line so his % there is a bit skewed.  58% from
the floor, 78% from the line, 59% from 3.
He's 7th in the League right now in FG% and 3rd in 3pt%.  Not too shabby.
<A HREF="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stats/0203-pre-lead.htm";>http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/stats/0203-pre-lead.htm</A>
His assists are not what you would expect from a starting point guard (tied
with Bremer for 5th on the team with 9), but I suppose we should all get used
to that in O'Briens idea of offense.
He does have the fewest turnovers among players with real minutes (3).
As of right now Shammond Williams has seen more playing time.  Delk has the
least number of minutes among the starters who have played every game (135).

E. Williams- What's to say here?  He's getting to the free throw line (24
attempts, which is tied with the other Williams for 2nd on the team). But he
isn't shooting well once he gets there (71%) Other than that?  He doesn't
hold his own anywhere on the floor.  His shooting does seem a little better
than it was last year (43%, 33% from 3).  He is dead last amongst starters in
rebounding (16- Delk actually has more rebounds in less minutes).  He has 8
turnovers and 6 assists.
I'm afraid as long as O'Brien is the coach Williams starting job is secure.

Battie- Tony's cumulative numbers are a bit skewed because of the game he
missed.  He should be leading the team in rebounds, but is third with 26.  He
still has 8 blocks in just 98 minutes of play, the next closest player would
be...SURPRISE....Antoine with 2.  He's also shooting 50%.

S. Williams-  Shammond isn't shooting well (33%).  But like all true Celtics
in the O'Brien era his 3 pt% makes ups for that somewhat (45%).  He's one of
only a couple Celtics that seem to be able to get to the line (24 attempts).
But he could be shooting a little better once he gets there (75%).  He's
second on the team in assists (19) and has only 5 turnovers.  He also leads
the team in steals (9).  He's third in FGA (46).  He seems to be the best
true point guard we have (which isn't saying much) and has done the best job
of getting the ball to Baker in the post.

Sundov-  He's seen more playing time than any other center (135 minutes),
although some of that time has been spent at PF.  When his shot is on, like
it had been for most of the preseason, he is a wonderful offensive weapon.
When it's off, like it was last night, he's almost useless.  At exactly 50%
from arc he's one of three Celtics shooting 50% or better from 3 (Delk and
Pierce being the other two).  Like Delk, Pierce and SWill, he's also shooting
better from outside than he is overall (47%).  He may be the weakest
rebounder on the team (15 rebounds in 135 minutes).  He doesn't have a single
blocked shot (which for a guy that stands 7'2" is pretty bad).  He also has 8
turnovers to 2 assists and is second on the team behind Baker in personal
fouls (22).

Bremer-  He has the same assists (9)and turnovers (3) as Delk, but he hasn't
shot well at all ( 36%FG, 73% FT, 17% from 3). YIKES!
He also seems to be O'Brien's whipping boy.  Every game O'Brien is screaming
at him for something, which is kind of curious since most of his time on the
floor has been of the garbage variety.  Of our healthy players only
Wolkowyski has seen less playing time.

McCarty-  27%, 29% from 3, and headless chicken defense.  The guy plays hard,
but couldn't we have a little talent to go along with that for the $762,435
we're paying him?  Sorry, I don't love Walter!

Wolkowyski-  Obviously O'Brien sees this guy as the low man on the totem pole
(only 51 minutes).  He may have the 2nd best FTA per minute on the team (10
attempts).  He definitely has the best rebounds per minute (14, 7 offensive).

Other than that, what's to say?  He's shooting only 33% and has 11 fouls
which is like a foul every 4.5 minutes played.

Brown- Only got to play in two games before he went out with his sprained
ankle.