Hello all,

> Well my opinion FWIW, is that they didn't think they could get anything for
> Anderson after the sale was made public due to many of the other teams
> taking advantage of us in most trades and so little interest in Anderson
> league wide.  The Sonics were a perfect trade partner due to the problems
> with the glove and their desire to shed Baker.  The Celtics needed to move
> Anderson and preserve his salary "slot" so it can be used again in the
> future.

Err...I don't get this line of thought.

Perhaps I don't understand the salary cap, but in trading Kenny we have tied
up salary..not gotten to really use it. Kenny had an expiring contract and
for that reason he had trade value. After Kenny is done this year he will
have given the Sonics cap space that would have been used up by Baker's
contract.  If we had just sat on Kenny's contract we could have had alot more
money to play with that we instead tied up with Baker's contract.

I rather doubt this trade was made with OB and the brain trust aware of the
sale.
I think they thought Baker would be good. Right now SWilliams looks like the
talented player in the deal. Baker despite being in shape simply doesn't seem
that good.

We should have just moved Potapenko and Forte for SWilliams...or something
like that. Kenny is too worn out to do it alone...nowadays.

Pete