Rebounding woes

Well, there's no escaping what's now a very ugly
trend: the Celtics are going to get killed, mashed,
mauled on the boards, which as somebody noted will
make it nearly impossible for them to run as Obie
wants.

The guys we gave up from last season - Rogers, Vitaly,
Strickland, Kenny and Blount - tallied 16.6 rpg. Their
replacements - Baker, SHUNdov, Bremer, Williams and
Willy Wonka  - totaled 8.7 last year, and all but 2.3
of those were from Baker (Shammond Williams actually
outrebounded Bruno). Wacky Wally, all 6'9 of him, has
an NBA career rebounding average of 1.4. Bremer hauled
in 4.7 rpg his senior year at St Bonaventure, if
anybody wants to get excited about that. Of course,
most of the guys he was playing against are now
first-year paralegals.

And I'm just looking at pure rebounding numbers here,
not the ways the ex-Celtics helped boost team
rebounding by doing things like blocking out.
http://faith.yahoo.com