[no subject]

	There are  some very interesting situations emerging, as examined by
the newspapers and reflected in the coach's quotes, over the last two
days.
	It sounds like coach O'Brien isn't trying to impose an offense. What's
that about? He wants movement, running and passing, but won't put in
any set plays. It could work, like it did at Kentucky, as he says he
wanted better passers on the floor this year, but it would work much
better with a true point guard.
	With no set plays for Vin Baker, how in  the world does O'Brien expect
him to have an impact? How long will it take for Baker to wish he  was
back in Seattle? This is one situation that could really hurt this
franchise going forward. There is no way that Wallace, or even Frank
"Trader" Lane, can trade out of Vinny's contract.
	Offensive anarchy? If the Darwinian theory of evolution holds true,
the captains will dominate the ball even more, leaving coach O'Brien's
wish for movement and fast breaks in the waste basket.
	Could  Lance be right about coach O'Brien setting this year up, to
have the players beg the team to bring in a point guard for next season
and actually be willing to have him run the offense? 	Coach O'Brien's
focus on defense is sound, but two things have to happen between
defense and offense, that the team not only ignored, but weakened
itself in, in the off-season. 1.Rebounding.   2. Passing. You can play
all of the defense you want, but if you don't get the rebound, the
other team can just tire you out, getting shot after shot. Without good
passers, particularly a great, or even good, point guard, you don't get
high % shots, or involve the whole team on the offensive end, leaving
everyon disgruntled  and standing around, flat footed, weakening the
rebounding and eventually the defense.
	Coach seemed to have two mantras going into the off-season: 1. He
wanted athletes in the front court, not rebounder/banger types. 2. His
point guards had to be shooters first, passers second. This does not
seem to be very balanced. In fact, he was lamenting this week, that the
team is not strong enough, under the boards and keeping the other teams
away from the rim. Duh?
	Where is Joe Gallagher? We brought him in to teach post play, but
without plays being charted to get the ball into the post, what good is
it?
	Richie Adubado?  Here; just watching practice, to renew old
acquaintances? Anyone remember what Rich's specialty was? He's coaching
in the  WNBA. That league surely is founded on  motion and passing.
Here's hoping........
	The other situation, involves the lame duck ownership issue and
expanding the roster. Now that it's too late to bring in real players,
like Jacques Vaughn, or Gary Trent (I still am in shock  that we signed
Wolkowyski  and Bremer, over these two, for the same money); we have
O'Brien and in part, Wallace, lobbying to sign another player.  Who is
out there? Not much really. Jimmy Jackson and Rod Strickland have
talent, but  are hardly the good locker room veterans I'd like to see
on this team and both are still looking for  more than the minimum.
	We need muscle  and point guard skills, but who makes the decision  on
whether to  spend it? Gaston is still the owner, until the December
meetings, at the earliest, I believe.
	Trades are a possibility, but unless they figure ways to make Baker a
real part of the offense, it's hard to believe this team can duplicate
last years showing, without some muscle and a true point guard.

		JB

	Unchain My Heart !