Re: Looking At The East

> > ON THE WAY UP IN A BEAUTIFUL GROOVY BALLOON:
> >
> > Atlanta: A healthy Ratliff, a real PG, and the Big Dog wants your
> > respect.

Although you could argue that it's only a matter of time until the fragile
Ratliff is hurt it's an unknown and can't be given as a reason for Atlanta's
omission from this category. What really should have them on the to soon to
tell list is the fact that Big Dog is a cancer and he has the same kind of
player in Rahim that he did in Allen. No backbone to stand up to a
disruptive teammate. And I agree with Cecil there is not enough ball there
for Terry, Robinson and Rahim.

> Yeah and there are no concerns defensively for this up-and-coming squad?
> Robinson and Abdur-Rahim are two of the better defenders, right Ray?  Oh,
> see...Ratliff will pick up the slack.  The real PG is a rookie, not an
> all-pro.  The loss of Johnson hurts them more than you realize.  We talk
of
> the number of touches available for Baker may not get alongside Paul and
> Toine...I wonder how happy Jason Terry will be to know that once it goes
> into the Dog, he may never see it again.
> >
> > Chicago: A franchise PG, Curry spices things up, tradeable depth, a
> > great
> > addition in Marshall.

Both Curry and Chandler are years away. Chandler though Flashy is often lost
on defense. Curry is at times just plain lost. He most of  all is having
trouble adjusting to the NBA game as he's known to have a problem with
players his size. Don't get me wrong there is marked improvement in what
I've seen. But nothing to make them playoff contenders.

> A franchise PG?  I thought that was what Stevie Francis is.  Let's
> see...Rose,  Williams, Curry and Chandler may be formidable in 5 years or
> so.  Who is the tradeable depth?  This is a team which gave up 98 ppg last
> year.
> >
> > Indiana: Maturation of outstanding youth overcomes Isiah's horrid
> > coaching.

You said it yoursel Ray. Isiah will find a way to coach this team into the
ground. He's one bad start away from losing this team.

> Mercer and Artest.  Isn't Artest out with an injury right now?  Can Mercer
> be far behind?  I'd say we are in pretty good shape when they are
depending
> on Mercer for maturity, wouldn't you?  Last I saw of O'Neal, he was
stomping
> on some foreign player at the World Championships.  Real mature fellow.
>

> > Milwaukee: Better chemistry through living and Karl's summer's blunders
> > help him stay focused this season.

Karl has slipped further into insanity. The excuse they had for last year's
debacle is now in Atlanta. Now Ray and Cassell and Mason can all hate on Tim
Thomas.

> "Better chemistry through living".  I won't even comment.
> >
> > New York: The East's best PF in McDyess means easy offense for Sprewell
> > and Houston.

The second coming of Camby. McDyess allready injured.

> And the broken right hand and orders to stay away from the team, combined
> with the grievance filed as a result is just what the doctor ordered for
> this team.  I think the Duck could put up more of a fight than Carlesimo,
> but when Spree comes back, who will he get into it with first, Kurt (KO)
> Thomas, Allan (we have a problem) Houston, or the Dice Man?
>
> > New Jersey: An impact defensive center, Kidd overpowers, Jefferson
> > emerges,
> > and a great bench.

Now Kidd has to wait for Mutombo to get down the floor. And with Jefferson
in the starting lineup the Bully has to play the 4 spot. Can K-mart still be
the physical player he was last year guarding players his size or bigger.
Still one of the better teams in the east.

> An old aging Center who is on the verge of becoming the most recent
version
> of Hakeem, he who is retiring this year.  Run Kidd's ass into the ground
for
> the first 3 quarters, as well as Mutomobo, and see what they got left in
the
> tank for the 4th.
>
> > New Orleans: It's Mardi Gras time for a healthy Mashburn, the ever
> > improving
> > Magloire, and a bonafide scorer in Alexander. Hmmm, could Campbell and
> > Wesley be
> > available for trade?  Paging Chris Wallace.....

I'm a Celtic fan I want no part of Wesley or Campbell. If Mashburn stays
healthy and Davis doesn't mind sharing the ball with him. They do make a
formidable team.

> You forgot to mention the jinx of the ex-C's: Silas, Wesley,  Moisoand
> Hamilton.
>

> > Orlando: King of the Hill makes it so, but they need to deal Miller for
> > a big man.

Once your feet go it's only a matter of time 'til they go again. Will
T-mac's back problems subside now that he doesn't have to carry the whole
team? Is T-mac mature enough to surrender some of the burden onto Hill?

> It starts with TMac and ends with him also.  I'd like to get my hands on
> Darrell Armstrong though.
>
> > Washington: No team added more quality players in the off season.

Problem with that is tow of the players are Stackhouse and Hughes. Hughes
couldn't make it in Golden State. Can a team survive with two 5 for 24 guys.

> Starting at G, Michael Jordan.  Also at G, Jerry Stackhouse.  As well at
G,
> Larry Hughes.  At another G, Chris Witney.  Oh yeah, and another G, Tyronn
> Lue.  And our top draft pick, G, Juan Dixon.
>

> > ON THE ROAD TO NOWHERE IN THE SLOW LANE
> >
> > Cleveland: Tank, Baby Tank. But they only get James, if the Fixer
> > decrees it.

By the obvious tank job you can be sure the Cavs will end up with the 3rd
and 6th pick. No Tim Duncan. No wait that was the C's. Tanking guarantees
nothing other than your players get used to losing.

> Who cares.
>
> > Detroit - Sprewell's lost will be felt, as he was a dominant regular
> > season player.

OK ray I know you meant stackhouse. It's easy to confuse guys on the all
cancer team. but you're right it will be felt

> Yeah Ray, that broken hand of his will kill the Pistons.  Lay off the
> catnip.
>
> > Miami: Pat Riley has uttered the dreaded "R" word.
No zo and fat contracts taking up space. What ever happened to Eddie Jones?

> I hate not seeing Zo in this league.
>
> > TOO CLOSE TO CALL 867-5309
> >
> But close enough to call 634-5789?
>
> > Boston: No PG, they're due for the injury bug, the highs and lows of Vin
> > Baker,
> > atrocious low post defense, rebounding questionable, teams in the East
> > have
> > improved, but they still have Pierce, and time for a trade by the
> > deadline.

When is Best available. Will it matter by then?

> Philly has improved?  If you say so.  If we suck so bad, why do you have
> them winning so much on Snoopy's page?
>
> > Philadelphia - Never underestimate the coaching genius of Larry Brown,
> > but the injuries may overwhelm.

I'm sure KVH and Iverson will get along famously

> Genius wasn't able to work miracles last year.
>
> > Toronto: Olajuwon was toast, so getting him to retire was a positive.
> > That said, wither Vince Carter this season?

Vince is back but can the flash raise his team from the doldrums? Davis
welcome back to the 5 spot.