stats comparison

Here's what I was getting at with Pierce and Walker taking too many of the team's shots.  Last year they took 49% of the shots; Kobe and Shaq took less than 42% for the Lakers.  Pierce shot 44% to Kobe's 47 and Antoine 39% to Shaq's 58.  In other words, their two big guys shoot better, shoot less, and (with a mediocre supporting cast) win more.

I'm not really big on stat comparison; I do think, however, that these numbers constitute the real threat to the Celtics offense.  It appals me to read that we "just play basketball" on offense.  That works against the weak sisters, most of the time.  But for the big games, we need plays to get the ball low to Vin, to get a clear three from Shammond, or an isolation for whoever.  Relying on the superiority of our captains to beat their man, draw the doubleteam, etc. only goes so far; and this year, I don't think it will go to the conference finals.  We need a disciplined offense.

Gene
faith.yahoo.com