Re: Kedrick's Ankle

Thank you. I think I said that taping helps to physically prevent sprains
foronly the first 10 min or so, according to experts. The tape loosens up too
muchafterwards. Still, it may help neurally - by improving
proprioception(knowledge of your body's position), the same reason high-tops
allegedly help.As you probably know, it's the unexpected physical resistance,
not theexcessive force per se, that causes most sprains - i.e., your joints
andmuscles not being ready to deal with that particular situation. If you
knew that you were going to land on someone's foot, you could prepare and it
wouldbe no problem (try it at home some time :>).- Kestas

  I'm certainly no expert on the subject, perhaps Kestas could give his
opinion here, but I do remember reading somewhere that some people believe
taping your ankles may put more pressure on your knees in the event of a
misstep.
 The feeling is the pressure has to go somewhere and if not your ankles it's
going to be your knees.
Given the choice between an ankle injury or a knee injury most athletes,
especially basketball players, would prefer an ankle injury which are usually
less serious and easier to recover from.

Nothing against Tommy but he is sort of behind the times on some things.
Last night he seemed incredulous that anyone would have to go to Hawaii for a
big man's camp.  Well, it isn't just "a" big man's camp it's "the" big mans
camp, and it's been held in Hawaii for almost a decade now.
Last year I was astonished that he asked why some players wear knee straps,
which are said to relieve the pressure from jumpers knee or tendonitis.
They've been around for many years now and you'd think if I knew what they
were for Tommy would know.
 It seemed he thought they were some sort of fashion statement.

BTW, I heard on the radio that Kedricks x-rays were negative but he is out
indefinitely.

TAM