Kedrick's Ankle

Did anyone happen to notice whether Kedrick's ankle was taped for the
game?  I remember Battie suffering a severe ankle sprain against the Magic
in December 2000 and Heinsohn excoriating him for not taping -- Battie
missed a couple of months with that injury.  (I also vaguely recall Kestas
having a number of interesting things to say about that issue, but then he
usually does when medical stuff comes into play.)

On Joe's point comparing Kedrick's and Reggie Lewis' places in the
Celtics' "ossified star system".   Reggie languished on the bench during
his rookie season -- the only contribution I can remember him making was
in the last game of the Pistons series after Parish had gone down and the
season was essentially over.  There were two reasons Reggie got meaningful
PT during his sophomore season:  Larry Bird's left ankle and Larry Bird's
right ankle.  While I want to see a lot more of Kedrick this year --
ideally as a starter in EW's place by the second half of the season -- I
hope his minutes don't come at Pierce's expense.

Michael Gooen
http://faith.yahoo.com