Encouraging

Anytime we shoot better than 50% from the field, it is cause for optimism.
Granted that the Bulls were without some key players, I am glad to see that
our boys shot it so well.  I don't think we should play against opponents with
a thought toward who isn't there.  The C's job is to reach a level of
consistency which they can bring to the floor night in and night out
irrespective of who may not be in uni on the other side.

Too bad about Kedrick's ankle sprain.  He looked to be ready to make a
reasonable contribution this year.  12 points and 6 boards in limited action
ain't bad.  I hope he is back before the start of the regular season but he
seemed to be in an extreme amount of pain.

I, for one, am not the slightest bit upset that Baker only scored one basket.
I am encouraged that he is so interested in the bottom line; A CELTIC WIN.  It
was also a very nice touch to have him address the crowd just prior to the
start and thank them for supporting the team.  I think he is becoming close to
his teammates already and the smiles they showed during his little speech was
an indicator.  I think he will be a big help.

There is no telling how high the ceiling on Paul Pierce's talent is.  He takes
heat in various corners for the things he doesn't do enough of, but when he
goes off and performs well, his naysayers don't even mention it.

Is there any question that Antoine is the leader of this team?

Bruno has some weaknesses, but I can see why Indiana did not want him to
leave.  I'm thinking that his minutes would have increased with them this
year.  He may be the best shooting big man in the league based from what I saw
last night as well as what Obie has been saying about him since his arrival.

Delk is playing much more comfortably this year.  He has always be considered
to be a fine shooter, but when he has his feet squared up and has a good look
at the hoop, he can be deadly.  I also remember the aggressive defense he
played on Iverson in last year's playoffs and I think he could be the reason
why Strick is elsewhere.

Cecil (who's sure some others see it completely different)